IT’S IMPORTANT TO DRINK WATER.
And much more so when the weather warms up. Water is important for every cell in your body. It helps flush toxins from your system and carries nutrients and oxygen to all the cells in your body. Water helps regulate body temperature and moistens the tissue in your body. Did you know that it also helps your body lubricate and cushion joints? And it helps protect your spinal cord. Water also gives your skin a youthful glow.
Not enough water, and you might run into headaches, migraines or general fatigue and constipation, all of which put a damper on your active lifestyle. Got the munchies, but not sure what to eat? Your body might be telling you to drink water instead of eating food.
TIPS FOR HYDRATING THROUGHOUT THE DAY
Even if you remember all these important reasons to drink water, you might still find it hard to drink enough water throughout the day. Here are a few tips for including more water in your diet:
- Use a water bottle to keep track of your water intake
- Drink water strategically: after bathroom breaks, before meals, while you make coffee, or on the way to work and back
- Add calorie-free flavor enhancers to make it easier to drink more water
- Spice up your food! Spicy food increases your need for water and is good for metabolism
- Eat fruits and vegetables high in water content, such as cucumber, watermelon and celery. Iceberg lettuce and tomatoes are also high in water content.
DELICIOUS HYDRATING RECIPES
Here are a couple of fresh hacks for you to increase your water intake:
- Add frozen fruit instead of ice cubes.
- Add fresh ingredients to create your own infused water: basil + strawberry + cucumber; ginger + lime + cucumber + mint; raspberry + lime + basil
We hope this reminds you to drink more water. Try a couple of these ideas today. And, if you can’t choose what to eat or drink, have a sip of water!
Pilates for Good Alignment
And now that you are well hydrated, it’s time to work on your posture with Erica’s Pilates for Good Alignment workout.
Realign and reset your head, neck, and shoulders. Having better alignment of the head, neck, and shoulders will give you more freedom to move around pain-free. All you need are 1-pound weights (or tomato paste cans) and a mat. Your body will thank you after doing this video.
Reclaim the Healthiest Version of Yourself
Join PFS On-Demand Membership